Think about you conduct due diligence on a product or service. Fire up the computer and run a web search. Google, Bing, Yahoo. It is estimated that over 80% of potential consumers/clients conduct a web search before making a decision.
Brokers & Agents need to realize that people aren’t using phone books for anything other than door stops anymore. As of last week, all three major search engines are skewing search queries towards local even when a user doesn’t include a local modifier. Brokers & Agents owners need to not only create a Web presence, but to control it, as well.
It’s possible to create a Web presence without a full website thanks to things like Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets. However, you don’t control any of those. You have no say on how they’ll let you connect with clients. You can’t create an email list on Twitter. By relying on *other* sites to house your conversations you’re severely handicapping yourself.
With a real Web site, have the ability to:
- Demonstrate your market expertise
- Differentiate yourself
- Create authority and street cred with customers and within your industry
- Spread ideas
- Get social
- Take advantage of Universal Search’s ranking power
- Benefit from the engines bias to show local results
- Share your company story and information
- House your own community
- Save costs by answering frequently asked questions
- Target your specific market (defined by zip code, points of interest, ideas, etc)
- Build an email list.